James Joaquin is the Co-Founder of Obvious Ventures, which he co-founded alongside Twitter Co-Founder Evan Williams.
James has decades of experience starting and selling startups, with some of his roles including:
• Co-Founder of Clearview Software, which was acquired by Apple;
• Co-Founder of When.com, acquired by AOL;
• President and CEO of Ofoto, acquired by Kodak;
• President and CEO of Xmarks, acquired by LastPass.com;
• President and CEO of Xoom.com, which he lead to an IPO in 2013 (later acquired by Paypal for almost $900 million)
James has been working in venture capital since 2007 and has also invested in a wide range of #worldpositive startups, including Plum Organics (acquired by Campbell’s Soup), TenMarks Education (acquired by Amazon), and Opower (IPO April 2014).